Within the framework of the existing SAP installation, the project aimed to enhance the PLM system and implement the new RM (Recipe Management) module designed to support pre-industrial and/or innovation R&D activities
The customer had started the project to unify recipe management tools within the R&D process for new products and needed a new, easy to use system to enable easy access to data.
This would ensure the best possible integration between different international laboratories, and the quickest collection of all production-related documents.
The project, which lasted about four months, enabled the customer to:
- Create and modify recipes, formulas and manufacturing processes, even for multi-phase processes
- Share data (substances, recipes, formulas, processes) in a controlled way, among the various laboratories
- Create and modify processes and the relevant process elements
- Map and manage equipment requests during the process phases
- Manage laboratory tests by means of the Trial technique
- Fully monitor substances, ingredients and materials according to the legal lists regarding potentially hazardous material or the possible presence of allergenic components
- Set-up a complete product history and file each recipe, formula, substance and laboratory test in a single information database which is fast and easy to use