A leading French Broadcaster was looking for an innovative solution to enable their vision for a Broadcast-Driven Connected TV, combining B2C and B2B needs. The goal was the enablement of:
- Innovative Advertising Paradigms, such as Cross-channel Targeted TV Advertising and Attribution and Dynamic Advertising Substitution;
- Consent Management and Live Audience Measurement, real-time and fully compliant with GDPR;
- New Content-related Convergence models.
Business innovation is enabled at different levels:
- Dynamic Advertising Substitution is implemented on HbbTV 2.0.1 and (with limitations depending on the platform) on 1.5, and is ready for the new HbbTV-TA spec;
- Linear Ads Tracking allows to track every broadcast Linear Ad as on digital, with real time measurement per TV and per quartile of video played;
- Cross-channel retargeting and attribution, including TV and other households devices, provides decisive value to advertisers;
- During strategic moments of the live streaming the app invites to watch the next episode on SVOD, the previous ones on catchup, similar content on a dedicated broadband channel, more info about the linear adv and enables Remember Me TV-commerce functionalities.
Ground-breaking technological innovation pairs broadcaster quality with digital speed and interactivity:
- integration of French Ad Tech Protocol, developed by the main French broadcasters and distributors
- development of the Break Events Notifier module, one of the first broadcast-integrated components able to translate the SCTE-35 messages into HbbTV Stream Events
- cutting-edge cloud-first architecture.
New data-driven monetization and content personalisation models are now a reality, leveraging a broadcast and digital combined approach to the audience.
The GDPR-compliant and user-friendly Data Collection process is very transparent and clear for the user, and it allows for a tailored cross-device experience.
The Broadcaster obtained a deeper, faster and more accurate real-time audience measurement.
This solution paved the way for an innovative open-source approach, which may accelerate the Broadcast-Driven Connected TV take-off all over Europe.
1 month -> first release available
10 seconds -> live audience measurement interval
100% -> GDPR compliant
Download the pdf