MIA*, the leading Italian content marketplace for all audiovisual industry segments (Film, Drama and Doc) gathers over 2000 professionals from 58 countries with each edition. In 2020, due to the global Covid-19 pandemic, it wasn’t clear if travel would be permitted and whether professionals would feel comfortable with an in-person event.
The challenge was to guarantee the event could take place regardless, enabling remote and hybrid participation, collaboration between visitors and DRM protection of the content.
(*MIA is a registered trademark of Anica and APA)
Fincons developed an innovative on-line platform that can be used both by on-site and remote visitors.
The features the platform offers are:
- enabling collaboration between all visitors, thanks to:
- GDPR compliant participant directory;
- online chat (text and video);
- dedicated calendar for networking and event alerts, integrated with a built-in video conferencing tool;
- full MIA programme view with calendar tools;
- DRM-protected screening streaming, via scheduled events or on-demand;
- enabling of live round tables and talks, integrating the onsite direction room for sharing DRM-protected live channels;
- promotional digital space for exhibitors.
From a technology perspective, the platform is a cloud native microservices architecture developed on Amazon AWS, integrating WordPress CMS, Filmbankconnect video platform from Filmbankmedia and Kaleyra video (formerly Bandyer) digital collaboration tool.
Thanks to the innovative MIA Digital platform, it was possible to integrate and enhance the on-site experience of the event with online participation, reaching very relevant participant numbers despite the limitations imposed by the
Being able to hold networking meetings and attend live screenings, round tables and talks remotely, personalizing agendas and maximizing collaboration and user experience was particularly appreciated.